Sunday, August 10, 2008

J.CO vs. Big Apple

I had donuts almost everyday during my stay in KL. Since when I'd become a donuts freak :S Thx to the "actual" Donuts Freak blek. I tried out both J.CO and Big Apple (website STILL under construction -.-") I personally prefer J.CO better. Their donuts look identical, really identical (u can see that thru my pics)...duno who copy who. Just maybe a few diff where B.A has the 'liulian' one called Duren-Duren :p while J.CO has the what Mona Pisa etc etc HAHA.

The KL people said J.CO is so called more high-end donuts while B.A is more to public. Well, from what I see they are selling their donuts at the same price 1/2 dozen for RM11.00. BUT, B.A is available in almost every shopping mall while J.CO is only available in Sunway Pyramid and Pavillion SIGHHHHH. Here, the price list for B.A
These are what I had for the 1st day from B.A. It's at The Gardens...just some steps away from my hotel.
The spiky 'liulian' was not really nice. We thought it would be some fresh liulian meats right inside but it was indeed the cream with liulian taste =P Anyway me no liulian fan. We were asked to finish it in 3 hrs as they claimed using fresh liulian w/o preservatives.
On my 2nd day, our training centre gave us 1 B.A donut each for tea =P
My 4th day in KL, I finally found J.CO when I went Sunway Pyramid SOBZ. Another half dozen hehhhh. People in KL is really craving for donuts huhhh...people are queing up to get it =P
The moment I tasted it, I can tell the diff between the two. The almond donuts for J.CO is just simply tasty...much much more tasty *my personal liking, diff ppl diff preferences of cos*...Ahhhhh missed the taste :( The two I loveeeeeed the most are Alcapone and J.Crown Oreo (it's not the normal softy ones, it's a lil more hard and chewy but i just love it)
And so, on my last day I cannot tahan and dropped by Pavilian to get a dozen before I heading back to Penang =P Such a donuts freak keke. When will I have it again...I wonder SOBZZZZ. missed it.

5 comments:

George Yew said...

JU! if you read this you know what you should get EACH time you back to PG!

or whoever that going down to KL pls do so. thanks!

deepak said...

thanks to George n FY for getting the FBC some donut stock hehehe.... 3x cheers for them yeayyyy

Joel Chu said...

hahaha... FBC?? wonder if should change to Free Donuts Club~
Haha Yup Thanks again george and FY!

Fang Yin agree with you alcapone is nice.. did you try the tiramisu one? the last pic... furthest left last row from the top... filling is really sweet wahahha

limfy said...

poipoi: nvm la i think i'll still be goin down KL for coming 2 months kok =P

deepak/BK: no prob guys..glad tat ya'll like it :D ya i did try d tiramisu but somehow i still prefer those wif holes muahaha. mayb next round u guys can tell us which u like so we can get them specifically hehe

David said...

Duren Duren, i think this was the best one, got a branch below my office - Plaza Low Yat, get to try it whenever i want...muahahaha