Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hike to Kerachut

Monday was our replacement holiday and we decided to hike to Pantai Kerachut. We were supposed to go on Sunday but since we overslept *shy shy* so we postponed to Monday. If Sunday at least I will get to rest a day on Monday..but oh well.

It was a rainy day but not too heavy so we went ahead according to our plan. I felt much better actually with the cloudy windy day...ahhhhhhh.
Okay, we reached the junction and it was time to decide. right?? left?? ahhhh...I was indecisive. I heard the route to Kerachut is far more tough but I've been to Monkey Beach a couple of times. At the end, to the left it is :p See, it wasn't that bad hehe.
Arghhhh, I hate hate hate steps...those never ending steps always beat me harshly :s But overall it wasn't that bad as I thought it is. There were some steps for the first 10 minutes...or less maybe then after that it was more of the soil routes with some steps once a while which took me around 1 hour+ to reach my destination :D
By the time we reached our destination, my shoe has 'koyak' as well :( Haiz its time to get a new one and burn some cash...haaaiiizzzzzzz
The beach was kinda quiet. A lot more quiet and peaceful compared to Monkey Beach but more relaxing of course. Maybe because it was Monday and a rainy day...well. There were only like 5 hikers like us and another 2 was fishing there. Oh look, I found some GIANT/KINGKONG footprints at the beach WAHAHA.
There is a Turtle Centre there and I thought I will get to see some cutie lil turtle but I got disappointed :( No I did see some but those that already dead and being displayed. However, I managed to found 2 nets with the eggs laying underneath the nets *excited* It wasn't really obvious that you won't notice them if you weren't paying attention(I was hunting to see whether I managed to found anything) Thank goodness at least I saw something sobz sobz. I saw 2 turtle tracks of the mama turtle along the beach too :) For this net, the mama turtle came on 9th July and there are 18 eggies in there...how great!!
Picture time :p CHEEEEESEEEEEEEE
And some lame posing at the beach muahahaha :p
Time really flies that we didn't even notice it was already 3pm :S still need to hike back using the same route before the sky turned dark GOSHH. Each time I went Monkey Beach I took the boat back to the land but not this time :( There wasn't even a single boat or 'sampan' standby there and if we were to call for one it would be very god damn pricey. Seems like I had no choice :p
i was sooooo hungry by the time I got back to the 'land' :p It was already around 4pm plus and I suddenly miss the Balik Pulau Lemak Laksa sooooooo much haha. Even I knew I might be disappointed that they might already closed by the time I reach Balik Pulau or the shop might not open at all cos a lot of chinese shop closed on Monday. But I was so blessed that I had the very last bowl of the lemak laksa. After me, they were already out of soup. Ahhhh, my precious kakaka.
BLURPPPP. I was so full and sooooo satisfied :D Btw, the shop is next to the Balik Pulau old market and they closed on Wednesday. I shall visit them again...SOON !!

2 comments:

George Yew said...

y the two pic look abit yellow from here. hmm WB lari? aisk need to check my monitor laio.

limfy said...

hehhhh..yellow? got meh haha duno :p