Sunday, December 16, 2007

Stop calling my house..PLEASE

Lately been really really frustrated receveing those stupid calls. If I am not mistaken, they are China people. I can't recall how many times they've actually called but I answered before, my dad answered before and so did my mum. I don't really know what's their intention...but we must be more vigilant as there are too many con cases out there nowadays. So here's the conversation between me and the China lady...

(Conversation in mandarin)
LADY: Hi, I am xxx from XX company in Taiwan. Have u heard of our company before? I believed our company has been in M'sia Astro AEC for years..
ME: Sorry, I don't know..
LADY: Ohhh, really? However, our company will be having a charity event in M'sia and I would like to invite u to the event...can I have your name?
ME: Sorry but I have not heard of such event..and I don't think i wana simply give my name to a stranger. I will hang up now.
LADY: (insist don't wana hang up)Why is it so hard for u to say your name? Name oni mah..We just wana put your name into the invited list and send u an invitation card. Why u wana give me a hard time to complete my job?
ME: (WTF..really frustrated now)I've said and I will repeat again..I don't feel like simply giving my name to a stranger and I am not interested for the event. So pls don't waste your time..i will really hang up now (dropped the call)

I was really frustrated that day. I don't care whether if it's real but it sounds abnormal for me. At that moment a few questions came into my mind.
1) How does she get my house phone number and if she really got it from Astro, how could it be possible that she doesn't know my name?
2) She said she just want my name but nothing else. But she said she will send me the invitation card and how the heck she gonna send me by just getting my name..really bullshit.

And guess what when my dad answered the call?? The person who called ask my dad whether can he speak mandarin. And my dad answered in mandarin "I CANNOT SPEAK MANDARIN" wahahahaha. Then the person straight away hung up.

If I am to receive anymore of this kinda call..I swear that I am gonna scold them very 'kaulat'..cos I AM VERY FRUSTRATED now!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I face the same problem as well....
one time they called me...
smiliar stuff...
i had to speak to them in broken mandarin wahahha....
the last sentence i gave was
"i Don't know how to speak mandarin so DON't CALL BACK OR I'll CALL BACK you" and i hanged up...
the person called back and said why u drop the call wah lau ...*HEONG*
i hanged up and pull out my line from the phone.. hahhaa

limfy said...

wahhh...really HEONG ler..dare to call back kok..ishhh
seems like really a lot ppl face this... errrrr, nvm whenever they call just hang up WAHAHA

George Yew said...

it happen to kenny sia too. he did blog about it, i guess they should stop hunting malaysia market laio as everyone already know their trick.

joykid said...

happen to me yesterday but this lady call for survey. After she intro i told her "not interest" n hang up the phone... ha... kinda rude huh.. but boh pian

limfy said...

wahhhh....seems like really a lot ppl kena ler. they called every house one kah :p
actually not tat we wana b rude..but really is boh pian haha..& kenot tahan liao :p

Unagi said...

hahah same thing, they will first ask "can you speak mandarin?" either u answer in mandarin or in any language, saying no, they will hang immediately. For me once, when i still havent heard of this thing, i tried talking and she asked exactly the same thing, for name and why is it so hard to provide ur name, there is a event in dunno-where, just want to invite u over...bla bla bla...ml who sits next to me also kena, she even terkejut bout the mahkamah msg and went out of conference room to talk, hahahha...but then only to find out it's a CON!!

limfy said...

hehhh..they just not gonna give up huhh...even ppl oredi knew bout their tricks...sighh